International Biennial of Amber Artworks "Alatyr 2011" in the museum
23 June 2011
Press Office of the Amber Museum
Forth International Biennial of Amber Artworks
30 June – 21 August
For the fourth time, Kaliningrad Amber Museum holds the International Biennial of Amber Artworks "Alatyr 2011", which artists from Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Russia participate in.
The biennial programme includes:
- exhibition and competition of amber artworks "Space. Time", created within last two years (30 June – 21 August);
- scientific conference "Amber Trade Routes" (30 June);
- educational programme for students of Kaliningrad Art and Industrial College and young artists working in the sphere of jewellery design and stone-carving (28 – 30 June);
- publishing of the illustrated catalogue (after the biennial);
- publishing of the conference proceedings (after the biennial).
The contest is held in following categories: "Skill", "Creation of an Artistic Image", "Innovation".
The Organizing Committee of the contest establishes one main award (Grand Prix), three laureate titles, jury diplomas, other special prizes and awards, special diploma for curator.
Organization of international exhibitions and contests of artworks is a unique project of the Kaliningrad Amber Museum in the contest of European professional amber society work. This initiative will enrich the Kaliningrad art scene, give Kaliningrad masters a wonderful opportunity to share experience and establish connections with colleagues from abroad, it will encourage the search for new artistic ideas in work with the sunstone, help to build a system of education in the "amber" sphere.
Inquries: 466 888