Guided tour "Code of the City. History in Symbols"
There is a new themed guided our on the viewing platform of the Dohna Tower – "Code of the City. History in Symbols" – launched in the Amber Museum. Preparation of the needed equipment was undertaken on Vladimir Potanin grant money, which the museum won in 2017.
The tour lasts for 1 hour 20 minutes and includes:
- a brief review of the history of the city from 11th to 21st century based on the material of symbols from historical epochs presented at the information boards in the form of wind wanes pointing at the historical objects in the modern cityscape;
- presentation of Königsberg and Kaliningrad views (archival photographs) by means of a binocular using the AR technology.
"Traditionally participants of a city guided tour face difficulties in perception of the city space in its historical continuity. It is defined by the existing style and time disruptions in Kaliningrad-Königsberg, the city with a complicated destiny. The guided tour "Code of the City. History in Symbols" lets put the city together as a complete whole from the viewing platform of the Dohna Tower", – mentions the author of the guided tour and manager of the Amber Museum Gennady Semenov.
The guided tour sessions to the viewing platform of the Dohna Tower are held every day* from Monday to Friday at 12.00 (*changes in the schedule are possible).
A group can consist of up to 5 persons.
Ticket price for the guided tour session – 200 rubles for all groups of visitors.
Only by prior registration by the phone: 8 (4012) 538219.Write a feedback
- About museum
- About amber
- Working hours
- Prices of tickets and services
- Купить билет
- Book a guided tour
- Rules of visiting the Amber Museum
- Museum for visitors with disabilities
- Часто задаваемые вопросы
- Where we are located
- Guided-tour "Code of the City. History in Symbols"
- Workshop of an amber artist
- Чем заняться в музее
- Exhibitions & Projects
- For specialists